Elmbridge Community Eco Hub – Code of Conduct
The Elmbridge Community Eco Hub (‘The Hub’) is committed to providing a friendly,
safe and welcoming environment where people are treated with dignity and respect,
regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, ability, age,
socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This Code of Conduct applies to all Hub volunteers, and all those who take part in, or
use, any of the projects that it delivers/supports or premises that it manages.
• Hub volunteers and users will treat each other with dignity and respect at all times
and no one will be harassed, abused or intimidated.
• People’s feelings will be valued and respected.
• Language or humour that people find offensive will not be used e.g., sexist or
racist jokes or terminology that is derogatory to someone with a disability.
• Violence and/or threats of violence, and/or incidents of harassment, verbal abuse
or intimidation will result in volunteers/users being barred from Hub activities.
• The Hub offers a safe space for all volunteers and users, in which there is no
place for inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent
before touching them.
We are committed to treating breaches of this Code of Conduct seriously, and
investigate them thoroughly. Hub volunteers/users are strongly encouraged to report
unacceptable behaviour or misconduct (or suspected misconduct) to a Director
immediately without fear of retaliation.